Burgopak strengthens its growth in the pharmaceutical market
Award-winning packaging design company, Burgopak has strengthened its presence in the pharmaceutical industry after its revolutionary pharmaceutical pack was selected for two product launches last month by Sanofi Aventis.
In 2008 the first automated Burgopak design was launched into the pharmaceutical market, offering companies a unique operating system that supports patient safety, is robust, portable and user-friendly. These innovative pharmaceutical packs incorporate Burgopak’s patented sliding mechanism, keeping the patient information booklet, blisters and branded outer carton conveniently connected at all times.
GP and Medical expert Dr Mike Smith says: “The most important thing for GPs and pharmacists when it comes to pharmaceutical packaging is that it is supportive of patient safety and carries all the relevant information about the product. The Burgopak design is extremely patient safe as it virtually forces patients to keep their information booklet together with their pharmaceuticals. On top of this, Burgopak’s packaging is portable, easy to use and looks attractive. It really does give Sanofi Aventis’ products an edge over its competitors.”
Sanofi Aventis is the second international pharmaceutical company to recognise the benefits of the Burgopak design on their products. It will be used to package Sanofi Aventis’ leading painkiller, DolipraneLib®, and heartburn relief medication, Maalox® maux d’estomac, in France.
The award-winning, patented pharmaceutical packaging has a number of advantages including:
- A unique and innovative sliding mechanism that ensures that essential patient information is always clearly displayed whenever the product is used
- Compact and durable, the pack can be conveniently and safely carried in a bag, briefcase or pocket
- Maximum opportunity to communicate the pharmaceutical company’s brand to the consumer
- Burgopak’s child-resistant and senior-friendly designs have achieved the top rating for compliance: F=1 in the USA
- A point of differentiation in a highly competitive market
- Difficult to make, the Burgopak patented mechanism reduces the chances of counterfeiting.
Tim Clarke, CEO of Healthcare & Technology at Burgopak explains: “The Burgopak design is an innovation that is changing the face of pharmaceutical packaging. We’re delighted to be working with Sanofi Aventis and the DolipraneLib and Maalox teams. Like a number of pharmaceutical manufacturers they have recognised that our unique packaging delivers real benefits to consumers.”
The Burgopak design has won top compliance packaging awards in the US and Europe including Best Compliance Package (Pharmapack Paris – 2008), Best Pharmaceutical Pack (The Packaging Society – Silver 2007) and Compliance Package of the Year (Healthcare Compliance Packaging Council – 2006).